Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

August 2011

August was yet another fun month! I never realized how much I love summer until this year!

August 1 - TWO New Teeth!


On Monday, Max cut not one, but TWO new baby teeth! He cut two of his first molars--both the top and bottom on his right side. He was SO clingy that day… That must be why!



August 2 - Dad & Michelle


On Tuesday, I did some engagement pictures for my dad and Michelle and bridals for Michelle. I didn’t realize until the next day that I really messed them up… I’d played with my settings but forgot to set them back to normal before snapping away… Dad and Michelle took the family to Shoga for dinner that night. If you haven’t been to Shoga, GO! That place is amazing. And you should definitely try the Spider Roll. AMAZING!

Here are the family pictures we got this day…





And here are a few of my dad and Michelle’s engagement pictures that I took…











The motorcycle!




Dad in his Camaro!




And here are a few of Michelle’s bridals! Her dress is so pretty!

Michelle and the Camaro!




















Michelle on the motorcycle!






August 3 - Max!


I have to take a minute here to thank my friend and wedding photographer, Angela Liddle. She gave me some VERY helpful suggestions for fixing the photos I’d taken the night before for my dad and Michelle. The tips didn’t fix them completely (I think the only way to fix them would be to have taken them in the correct settings the FIRST time), but they improved them SO much more than I could have hoped for. So, Angela--THANK YOU very, very much!!

Here are some pictures we got of Max on this particular Wednesday!

Max picking his nose... That boy SO cracks me up!




Max being angry...


Crawling on the floor and Grandpa and Grandma Nelson's!




August 4 - Laundry Baby


Max is so funny when I do laundry. I always fold clothes in the hallway and Max always plays in it! Until he falls asleep…



I stayed awake really late that night… Until after 4:30 a.m. the next morning, actually. I’m pretty sure that is the first ever all-nighter I’ve ever pulled! Kinda lame for a 23 year old, right?! Since I was staying up to edit photos, anyway, I decided to work on sleep training--keeping Max in his crib when he cried instead of rescuing him. He cried for a full hour! He finally passed out around 1:30. And we never really had a problem after that!

August 6 - Wedding Rehearsal


On Saturday, we had my dad and Michelle’s wedding rehearsal. On our way to Draper, Ryan and I realized we’d left the diaper bag at home! Weirdly, it’s the first time we’d ever done that by accident! We didn’t have a bottle or diapers or wipes or anything! Until we remembered we had a carry along changing pad that had a diaper and a couple wipes and diaper cream in it. Thank goodness! After the rehearsal, my dad and Michelle took everyone to Chuck-A-Rama where Max drank his milk from a cup with a straw. He did so good with it! We were so very proud!

August 7 - My Dad’s Wedding!






On Sunday evening, my dad and Michelle finally tied the knot! They asked me to be their wedding photographer, which was a little difficult because I was also a bridesmaid… Our solution for the ceremony: we asked Ryan’s Uncle Pat to come help us! He is an amazing photographer. We took him out to lunch at Red Robin before we went to the wedding. He is such a nice guy and he got some really nice pictures for us. Thank you SO much to him for helping us out!

My dad’s wedding was a lot of fun. He got married at Millenial Falls in Draper. Max got to be the ring bearer, but he was too little to actually be allowed to hold the rings by himself!

Here’s another fun thing I put together for the wedding…



Anyway, here are some pictures! I definitely would never be able to fit them all, but here are a few!

Photo by Patrick Nelson. Contact me if you'd like to get in touch with him!


Photo by Patrick Nelson.


Photo by Patrick Nelson.


The ring ceremony. Photo by Patrick Nelson.


The sand ceremony. Photo by Patrick Nelson.


First kiss as a married couple! Photo by Patrick Nelson.


The officiant with Michelle and Dad!



Photo by Patrick Nelson.


Photo by Patrick Nelson.



Photo by Patrick Nelson.




Photo by Patrick Nelson.






Photo by Patrick Nelson.














Chris' toast!


Ryan's toast! Photo by Patrick Nelson.


Cake!


Michelle got Dad good!


First dance! This photo was taken by Patrick Nelson.


Maximus!


The garter!


Bon Voyage!


August 8 - The Aftermath


My arms were SO sore the day after the wedding… I personally took over 1,000 pictures! My arms actually hurt when I raised my hands to my eye level or higher!

My dad got a call from Millenial Falls that day saying that one of the vases were missing… I’m pretty sure it was never found. I don’t think anyone walked out with it--I think one of the employees broke it and didn’t want to get in trouble!

Max was so funny on Monday… As I started editing pictures in his room, he kept insisting I position myself so he could crawl in circles around my leg!

August 9 - Pants-Less McGee!


When Max woke up on Tuesday, I went to get him out of his crib. Not only did I discover that he was not wearing his pajama pants, but I also discovered he’d thrown his pants overboard!











August 10 - SO Close!


On Wednesday, Max started walking… On his knees! He also took several steps all by himself! He does so awesome! Another one of his latest “fun” things to do is trying to pull himself into his toy box… He’s getting very close!



August 11 - Maximus


Here are a couple fun pictures I got of the almost-walking little monster on Thursday!



Holding his own cup drinking chocolate milk!


August 12 - Cookie Monster!


Max and Mali are like, best friends. This cat takes so much crap--she gets her hair pulled, she gets sat on, and she has blocks thrown at her all the time. But she loves Max!



We took Max to the mall on Friday night. He got a cookie at Subway and LOVED it!















August 13 - Running in the Rain!!


On Saturday, Ryan and I took Max for a walk in his wagon. We decided to take a long walk and headed to K-Mart. Or Big K. Whatever it’s being called these days… Anyway, when we walked out the door, it was really cloudy and looked like it was about to start pouring. So we jogged the whole way home. Ryan pushed the wagon ahead of him the full time! Max thought we were hilarious, but Ryan and I were both dying! We are both getting old and out of shape!

August 14 - Swingin’!


Here are a few pictures we got of Max in his swing on Sunday! And yes, I realize we look like white trash with beer and garbage on the patio… I promise next summer it will NOT look like that! We are going to get a picnic table and be out there all the time!







Also on Sunday, we got the chance to discover that Max is not allergic to peanuts… I set him on the snack bar for a minute and he picked up a peanut that had fallen off of Ryan’s Big Hunk bar. Of course the peanut went straight into his mouth. I got most of it out, but I know he swallowed a couple pieces. He didn’t have any sort of reaction, so we decided he probably wasn’t allergic.

August 15 - Krispy Kreme & Seven Peaks!


On Monday, Ryan and I took Max to Krispy Kreme! Doughnut runs are so fun. Max LOVED his doughnut!





















Later that day, we went to Seven Peaks Waterpark for Ryan’s work party. Max was a lot more okay with the water this time than he was last time! We took him in a tube around the lazy river and let him sit in the kiddie section with us. But, we didn’t get any pictures, sadly!

My debit card had been missing all weekend, so we decided to report it on Monday. I was really sad to lose it--it had one of Max’s adorable leprechaun pictures on it!

August 16 - Crazy Crawler!


Max picked up this really funny new crawl this week. He would crawl on his knee on his left side but would crawl on his foot on his right side! We finally figured out why: our wood floor hurts his knees! He would crawl normal on the run and as soon as he hit the wood, he’d crawl his funny new way. Once he hit the next rug, he was back to crawling normally. When he hit the wood on the other side of that run, he went back to the funny way of crawling! It made me feel bad that the floor hurt his knees, but it was also SO freaking cute!

August 17 - The Joys of Children!




I love my baby bug. More than anything! But I’ve decided it’s probably safest to assume that ALL the dishes in my middle two drawers and all the pots and pans under the stove are dirty and should be washed before being used!!

August 18 - Tooth #12!


On Thursday, Max cut his twelfth tooth! It was his bottom left first molar.



Over a year after bringing my son into the world, my hair is still recovering from pregnancy and I HATE it! It was driving me so nuts that I really started thinking about chopping all my hair off! But, I didn’t this month.

Anyway, here’s a fun picture I got of my cutie and the basketball he picked out at the toy store!



August 19 - Outlets…


On Friday, I got thinking about the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) walks we used to go to every year. I looked up the dates on the JDRF website and realized that we weren’t going to be able to make it to the walk in Salt Lake. I saw that there was one in Orem and decided to start my own team! From this day on, I made all my Facebook friends hate me by asking for donations every day!

Max licked the outlet in the upstairs hallway once upon a time… On Friday, he really wanted to play with it… The outlet covers wouldn’t stay in--it’s a crappy old thing (like most of the rest of the ones in our house) and they fall out if they’re bumped! So Max was pretty excited when he figured out how to get it out… I used packaging tape and taped them in for the day!





Ryan replaced the outlet that night. I think he finally got sick of being nagged!

August 20 - Maximus!


Max love his ball pit!


Max at Wendy's... He LOVES anything he can dip!




August 21 - Cameron’s Birthday Party!


Max was recently introduced to his booster seat! We like it A LOT better than the high chair! And I think he does, too.










Max's pretty picture! He colors so good!



Lunch time!








I think Max’s favorite color is orange… He picked out another new toy with his birthday money--another orange ball!



Max’s friend, Cameron, turned one on Sunday! So we went to her birthday party. It was lots of fun! Max liked playing in the sprinklers and he LOVED the sand box!




Headin' for the sprinklers!











I LOVE this picture! He looks like he's pimpin'! But really, he's just trying to not sit in the water!






Max liked Sheriff!




The birthday girl woke up from her nap!




Max crawling away from us to go play!








Max liked throwing the sand a lot--he kept getting it in his face!












Cameron opening her birthday presents!


Thank you SO much to Ty, Amber, and Cameron for inviting us to the party! We all had a lot of fun!

After the party, we headed to my dad’s house. He and Michelle were home from their honeymoon, but we didn’t have a chance to see them until Sunday!









August 22 - Max LOVES Bananas!


I am SO glad that Max isn’t allergic to bananas! They are definitely his favorite fruit! Walmart had been out of edible bananas for the past couple weeks when we’d gone grocery shopping, but they had some good ones when we stopped in on our way home the night before. Max had missed his bananas SO much! He was stuffing his mouth as full as he could that morning!











Max is doing really well in his booster seat!








He will ONLY take CHOCOLATE milk from a cup!! Silly boy…










August 23 - Flu Shots


On Tuesday, I finally got my JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes team put together. I decided to name us the Type 1 Troopers! I’m not sure how long JDRF’s website has been up and going, but it’s really cool for teams. I made a page for my team and the website even allows people to directly donate to your team! It’s way cool.

That evening at work, I got my flu shot. Walgreens employees got free shots at work this year! Our pharmacy manager, James, gave me my shot. Didn’t hurt at all! I couldn’t convince Ryan to get his, though--not on this day nor the rest of the season… I was pretty annoyed that he wouldn’t get it. I told him that if there isn’t a reason for someone not to get the shot, then they should get it as a common courtesy to everyone around them. Everyone is at a much lower risk of needlessly catching the flu and even dying from it by getting one little prick!

August 24 - Walkin’ Baby Boy!


Here are a few fun pictures of my newly-learned little walker! It is SO AMAZING to watch him walk. I couldn’t even imagine what this would be like a year ago!







August 25 - Diabetes Clinic


On Thursday, I had an appointment with my endocrinologist, Dr. Dave Douglas, in Salt Lake. I took Max all by myself this time and I think we both did pretty good! My A1c was 7.8%, which means my average blood sugar is around 170. Which isn’t good, but it’s better than it was last time. I’m slowly getting back to where I want to be!

August 26 - Loving the Booster Seat!


Did I mention how much we are loving the booster seat?! I LOVE sitting next to Max at the table!



















August 27 - Fun with the Nelsons!


After Max’s super fun birthday bash, I decided it would be fun to do get-togethers with family and/or friends every couple weeks during the summer. We didn’t do so great with that in 2011, though--we invited my family over once in July and we invited Ryan’s family over on this Saturday in August… Hopefully next year things will go better and we can do this more often!

Not everyone in Ryan’s family could make it, but Gene, Maralee, Kaylee, and Cameron came, and Cam even brought Danielle, who was his girlfriend at the time.















Silly little guy!








Thank you to everyone who came! It was nice to spend some time with you! And thank you to my family for coming in July! I sadly didn’t get any pictures to share of them, though!

August 29 - Summer Walks


Our favorite thing to do this summer was to go on walks with Max in his wagon. On this particular Monday, Max decided to get “comfy” in his wagon!





He totally cracks me up. I love my hilarious son! He’s also doing really good at walking! He has been so determined to get it down!

August 30 - Daddy’s Shoes


Max has been very interested in wearing Daddy’s shoes lately… He is so stinkin’ cute!





August 31 - Max & Grandma!


If I work Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, Ryan usually takes Max to one of our dad’s houses so he can do homework. This Wednesday, it was Ryan’s family’s turn. Max sure loves spending time with his grandmas!



Anyway, that sums up our life in August! Keep an eye out for September and have a great Valentine’s Day in the mean time!

No comments: