Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Past Week and Two Days...

And the winner for the biggest slacker in the world goes to... ME!!

I feel like I am dragging and like I will never catch up...

Anyhow, let me break down the past nine days for you!

Wednesday, June 9th, we hit 33 weeks... Here is your update!

-------------------------

"Baby's gaining weight almost as fast as you are these days (averaging out to about half a pound a week), which puts the grand total so far at more than 4-1/2 pounds. Still, your baby has plenty of growing up (and out) to do. He or she may grow a full inch this week alone and may come close to doubling in weight by D-day. And with that much baby inside your uterus now, your amniotic fluid level has maxed out (there's no room for more fluid now). Which explains why those pokes and kicks are sometimes extremely uncomfortable: There's less fluid to cushion the blows. Antibodies are also being passed from you to your baby as your little one continues to develop his or her own immune system. These antibodies will definitely come in handy on the outside and will protect your baby-to-be from many of those playground germs."

-text from What to Expect When You're Expecting"

-photo from http://www.babycenter.com

-------------------------

Thursday I had another non-stress test. This was appointment #25. The baby and I were both sleepy, I guess, because he wasn't as active as they wanted him to be. So they used a little buzzer thing to wake him up. He started moving around a lot and then the doctor and the nurses were happy and let me go home.

On Friday after work, I started helping my little sister, Brooke, with my baby shower preparations. She wanted to throw my baby shower and I wanted to help her out. So I ordered two six-foot subs from Wal-Mart and crossed my fingers that we'd actually get them (the girl who took my order seemed really put out to have to make more six-foot subs for Saturday). The weather was pretty bad all week and we were planning to have the baby shower at the Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove. Luckily Brooke was able to change the location to the Pleasant Grove Community Center instead!

Saturday, Ryan helped me out a ton! I had so many things to do and he made the brownies for the baby shower so I could attend to my other obligations of the day.

Anyway, after a long day, I finally headed to the baby shower. Brooke and me and a bunch of family got things set up so we could eat. I handed over my camera to my mom to take pictures. She did a great job and got everyone's picture, so thank you, Mom! And posted below are some of the photos she took...

First up is my cute little sister, Brooke! She threw together the entire baby shower and did a great job! I would like to thank her so much for everything! I had so much fun seeing everyone!

These are my friends, Angel (holding her first son, Jaxon) and Aubrey. Angel just announced that she is expecting baby #2 and Aubrey came to my baby shower on her birthday!

My cousins, Kiera and Sabrina!

My Aunt Reta and her granddaughter, Autumn!

My older sister-in-law, Melissa, and my mother-in-law, Valerie!

My Aunt Madeleine!

My Aunt Betty and my grandma! My grandma informed me yesterday that on her way to my baby shower she fell on the stairs at her house and fractured her tailbone and got a concussion... I'm a little upset that she didn't tell me then and go straight to InstaCare or the emergency room, but I was glad she was there... :-/

Aunt Lynn and my dad's girlfriend, Michelle!

Michelle again and her daughter, Chainda!

Dad's cousin, Cindy!

My step-sister, Amanda!

My friend Noemi's mom, Noemi, Cozette, and Cozy's baby boy, Braxton!

My cousin, Amy! Brooke put her in charge of handing out the cute blue Mardi Gras beads!

Me and my mom! LOL!

Me and my friend, Kim!

My cousin, Ashley, and her son, Noran! She wants to have baby cage fights when my little one gets here, LOL!

My friend, Rebecca, and me!

My friend Amber, and her friend, Savanna (holding her baby boy, Rykar)!

Patti and me!

Me opening gifts in the VERY comfortable rocking chair my mom gave me!

Brooke helping me out!

Rubber duckies!

The cute little T-shirt Brooke got for her first nephew!

Balloons!

Gifts!

The cute little goodie bags Brooke put together in the cute basket she got us!

The cupcakes Brooke made!

The veggies and fruit Brooke and I (and Ryan) prepped!

Anyway, the baby shower was definitely fun. Thank you to everyone who came, everyone who helped set up and clean up, and to everyone took food home for me! Thank you to my mom, Michelle, Grandma, Chainda, Russ, and Ryan for helping get everything back to my house! And thank you especially to Brooke for making it all happen! I had so much fun and loved every minute of my baby shower!

On Sunday I got home from work to find out that Ryan had finished the touch-up paint in the baby's room and put up the wallpaper. He also put together the crib and the stroller! He did such a good job! I love our baby's room!! It is so cute!!



Monday I had an appointment with my OB. This was appointment #26. The doctor said my uterus is measuring at about 38 weeks... He said that the baby is big and we may need to consider doing a C-section. But I don't really care to get into details right now...

I cancelled my diabetes appointment that day because I didn't realize that it overlapped with the OB appointment. But later that day we had appointment #27--another non-stress test. This one went well. The nurse was a little bit overly worried about the baby's heartrate going back to where it was originally when she first started the monitor, I thought, but I guess it's nice to know that she's one of those who makes absolutely sure that everything is going okay. It means that the baby is especially okay!

Tuesday we went to see Ryan's step-mom, Maralee, for her birthday. I got the phone number of my sister-in-law's pediatrician and a family practitioner she's really liked. I need to start making some phone calls...

Yesterday I had an incredibly frustrating day at work, but oh, well, I guess... My boss is trying to set up "set schedules" for every department and expected me to know what my schedule is going to be in October, and even after repeatedly telling him I didn't know what my schedule was going to be, he seemed to expect an answer...

Anyhow, we also hit 34 weeks yesterday, and here is your update for that!

-------------------------

"Your baby could be as tall as 20 inches right now and weighs about 5 pounds. Got male (a male baby, that is)? If you do, then this is the week that his testicles are making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination: his scrotum. (About 3 to 4 percent of boys are born with undescended testicles, which is nothing to worry about; they usually make the trip down south before the first birthday.) And in other baby-related news, those tiny little fingernails have probably reached the tip of his or her fingers by this week, so make sure you have baby nail cllippers on your shopping list!"

-text from What to Expect When You're Expecting

-photo from http://www.babycenter.com

-------------------------

And finally, today... Yet another non-stress test! Appointment #28. It went well again today. The little guy was tuckered out once again, I guess. They had to do the buzzer to wake him up, and after that, they were pleased with the results. I'm starting to have more contractions and I was lucky enough to actually feel them when I saw them on the screen. So now I know how a contraction feels to me! I'm not sure I like them so much, but at least I know how they feel!

Anyway, that is it for today... I think I'm ready for bed already, LOL!

Stop by next week for more!

-Aubrey

1 comment:

Maralee [Oleson] Nelson said...

I am so glad you are doing this--I really enjoy it (if you hadn't considered it, it might be fun to print it out as a baby keepsake of the first 9 months. When he gets a little older, he might like to read about your thoughts and experiences from before he was born!)