Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Late Update...

So I'm almost two whole weeks behind now... Sorry! I've been working on finishing editing my friend Andrea's pictures in all my spare time. Ryan and I photographed her wedding in June. I've decided I need to finish them before I start any more new projects so I don't get any farther behind! I'm almost there and I have a bunch posted on my business blog if anyone wants to see--http://aubreyhopephotography.blogspot.com.

Anyway, while Photoshop is opening a bunch of pictures for me, I decided I'd better hurry and get a post in!

So... On Monday, August 2, last week, Ryan and I took Max to go see my mom and her family, just because we haven't seen much of them since the little guy arrived. They were really excited to see Max with his eyes open while we were there.

Quin holding Max!


Russ holding Max!


And here are just a couple pictures we got during the week...







On Friday, August 6, we got our hospital bill in the mail from when we were having Max. Well, I guess it's not really the bill, because it hasn't gone through our insurance yet. But, in total, it was $12,834.72!! Yikes! I'm so glad we were double covered! If we pay anything, it should be a lot less than that! Also on Friday, we gave Max his first ever actual bath instead of a sponge bath. He did so good! He didn't even cry. He got a little nervous but I held out my finger for him and as soon as he grabbed on, he was just fine! Below are some pictures of his first bath...

Yes, I censored these pictures!




He didn't even cry when we rinsed out his hair!


The clean little man after his bath!


All worn out after Daddy fed him!


On Saturday, my dad invited us over for dinner. Before we even left our house, Max scratched himself hard enough to draw blood for the first time ever! I was so sad! We had to run and get him a nail file the next morning, because his nails are still too short to cut, but they're obviously long enough to be dangerous...

Max and Daddy, taking a nap while Mommy was getting ready!


The little bead of blood on his face from where he scratched!


Look at that scratch!


Again, I was so sad!!


Max's pouty lip...


Me feeding Max at my dad's house...


And here are some pictures from this week...



Max staring at the blinds... HaHa!


Such a cutie!


Max sticks out his tongue when he's hungry... HaHa!


Little Dino Man!


They match!! So cute, yeah?


My new favorite picture of my boys!


On Sunday, Ryan got pooped on for the first time ever! I was glad to no longer be the only person in the house who had been pooped on by Max. :-)

On Monday, Max turned one month old! I wanted to get some more pictures of him that day, so when Ryan got home from work, we gave Max a bath and set up my black sheets so we could try to do those naked baby pictures you see with the black backgrounds. I warned Ry that he was probably going to get peed on... Turned out Max preferred to poop! I really wish I'd gotten a picture--he pooped right into Ryan's hand!! It was so funny! I got such a kick out of it. I haven't even looked at the pictures yet to see if we even got anything... We didn't take very many and we didn't do it for very long, for obvious reasons, HaHa!

Also on Monday, I got a letter from the Unpaid Leave Department at Walgreens saying that my leave had been approved through September 29. On Tuesday, I got another letter from them saying it had been approved through October 7. So, I guess I don't have to go back to work until then!

Yesterday, Ryan's brother Josh came over to visit. We asked him to stay for dinner. It was the first time in a long time that I actually cooked a meal! We had breakfast for dinner and pizza for dessert, HaHa! Fruit Pizza, that is... ;-) I used to love it when I was a kid, so I asked my mom for her recipe and made it. Of course, like everything I make, I ruined it... Josh and Ryan both ate a piece before I even got any on my plate, and the crust hadn't cooked all the way through... I was kind of disappointed!

Max looks like he's waving from his swing while Mommy was making dessert!


Well, at least it looked good!!


Poor Max... He hates Tummy Time!


Anyway, other things the past couple weeks... Ryan and I decided to get our Costco Memberships again to help us save money on baby formula, diapers, and wipes. We've bought food twice already! Ryan wants to get the Kirkland Signatures baby formula because it's almost $10 cheaper than the Similac we're using. I'd love to save the money, too, but I'm paranoid... Max's pediatrician told us the last time we saw them that places like Wal-Mart are known to have been 10 or 20 years behind on baby formula in the past... I kind of want to stick with the Similac just for that reason. But the Kirkland Signatures seems fairly comparable... If anyone wants to offer an opinion, please do! I'd love to hear from you!

Ryan and I think Max is in his Period of PURPLE Crying right now... He has suddenly been crying non-stop for absolutely no reason the past few days. It's been kind of frustrating because sometimes nothing soothes him. It hasn't been terrible--I'm sure he is crying a lot less than some babies out there. But, it's supposed to peak at two months, anyway, so hopefully he'll ease off a bit in a few weeks.

In addition to crying, Max is starting to smile a lot more! Ryan and I have been trying to get him to smile when we smile. It's not working out very well so far, though... But he sure does have a really cute smile! It always makes us happy to see it!

While crying and smiling are increasing, Max is starting to poop less... That has been a nice change, HaHa!

I've had some odd dreams about Max the past couple weeks... I had one in which we got a cat door for our backyard so our two cats, Malibu and Gavin, could go outside. What happened instead was all the neighborhood cats decided to try to move in to Max's room, where our own cats are not even allowed... I had to keep chasing them all out. Some of them looked like Mal and Gav, though, so it was hard to figure out which ones to kick out... I had a dream about Max learning how to roll over before he was even a month old. He was really good at it, and he rolled fast! Back and forth, back and forth. He was wearing sunglasses, too, like he was cool, HaHa! And then I had another dream that Ryan fed him a hot dog. I was really upset because babies his age aren't supposed to eat solids like that...

Also, I checked out www.blurb.com and I am so freaking excited about it. I started my baby book for Max (but am punishing myself by not even opening the project now until I'm done with my friend's pictures, HaHa!) and I am loving it so far. It is going to be so cool and look so slick!

Anyway, that's it for now. I'll post again when there's more to post!

-Aubrey

No comments: