Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Firsts...

So, yet again, I am way behind on the blog... Surprise, surprise, yeah? :-/

Okay, so my last update (excluding the one about me quitting my job at Walgreens) was on Friday, August 20. I got a text message from my friend from work, Amber, that day. She found out that she was pregnant shortly after I did--we were three weeks apart. During my pregnancy, I found it fun to have someone to talk to who was going through all the same things as I was. Anyway, she texted me to inform me that she was finally in the hospital to have her baby! She was in labor all night. On Saturday, August 21, 2010, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! Her name is Cameron. She was 7 pounds, 14 ounces--only 1 pound, 3 ounces less than Max!



Our other friend from work, Noemi, wanted to go with Ryan and I to see Amber, Ty (Amber's husband), and Cameron. Ryan got home from inventory later than expected and it took us longer to get there than we'd planned, though, so we just met her in their room. Their baby is so cute! Congratulations, Ty and Amber! And welcome to the world, Cameron!

On Sunday the 22nd, my Dad invited us over for dinner. So we went over to visit them and eat. My dad has the worst luck with bees... He got stung riding his motorcycle! So he wasn't sure if his throat hurt because of the sting or if he was sick so he didn't hold Max while we were there. :-(



Taking a nap!


Max in his little hat! He doesn't like his hats very much yet!




When we got home that night, it was time to make Max sleep in his own room for the first time ever... It was a hard night! For me, anyway. We put Max in bed around 9:00 and he cried until 11:00. I did my share of crying during that time, too, and I snapped at Ryan more than I should have. He was trying to console me but I was just so upset that my baby was crying! At 11, we figured it was time for him to eat again. So I fed him and put him back in his crib. Then he fell asleep just fine!

We got Max's room all cleaned up before we let him sleep in there. He now has the nicest room in the house!

Max's closet!


The changing area--we keep extra diapers and wipes in the toy box right now, because he doesn't have very many toys yet!


The door! Max's diapers and swing...


The crib!


Mommy and Daddy's chairs!


A couple of Max's stuffed animals! They hang out in the crib when Max isn't in it!


Ready for a diaper change!


Maximus in his pajamas!




Daddy reading Max a bedtime story!


He is sleeping better and better every night. As long as we don't put him in his room before he eats at 11 or 12, he will fall asleep pretty quickly and sleep pretty well through the night. He's gone from five hours of sleep at a time to six hours, and last night I gave him an extra ounce of formula and he went seven hours between feeding times! Though if he goes over six it still makes me nervous...

Here are some pictures from Monday and Tuesday. There's nothing to report for these days because nothing especially interesting was going on...



Bear butt!


What a cutie!






I put one of Max's sleep and plays on him for bed... Apparently he has outgrown this one!


Wednesday was of course the day I quit my job at Walgreens. My boss didn't seem surprised--I think he figured my decision could go a couple of different ways. Max and I visited Daddy at work that day, too, and we went to give my friend Amber the Enfamil we decided not to use.

Speaking of Enfamil... That was a bad idea. It seemed really good at first, but Max kept throwing it all up and it completely changed his poop--it was much more solid on the Enfamil. So we decided to switch back to Similac. We've had quite the week in regards to Max's bowel movements...

Anyway, Ryan started school on Wednesday. I of course had to get a picture of him on his first day of school... He wasn't very happy about that, HaHa!



Daddy picked out this outfit for Max!




On Thursday, we were invited to Seven Peaks by Security Home Mortgage, which is the company Ryan and I got our mortgage through originally. Ryan couldn't go because he had class, but I decided to take Max and meet my mom and her husband there. I misplaced my camera so I didn't get any pictures, but Max and I hung out and talked to my mom and Russ for a couple hours. We didn't do any swimming! We had some drinks and nachos, and then Max and I left so we could go home and make dinner.

On Friday morning, I found Max had gotten his foot out of his pajamas... Granted they are a little big on him still, but I think he's going to one smart little dude...



Also on Friday, Ryan got out of work early to do something with his youngest brother, Josh. Josh is going to BYU-Idaho and starts school next week so we're not going to get so see him a whole lot. Ryan and Josh wanted to go bungee jumping before Josh left, but they couldn't find anywhere in Utah that does it anymore. So they went to the Gateway Mall and ate chocolate covered crickets and grasshoppers, and they indulged in cookies... This would probably be better for Ryan to write about since I wasn't there, but he's not one for blogging, really... But, I guess they had fun, anyway!

On Saturday Ryan had school again in the morning. I cut Max's fingernails for the first time ever. It's not as scary as I thought it was going to be. What's hard is when it's not your own nails you're cutting, you can't feel if you have skin between the clippers or not. So you have to look really closely before you snip! He did good, though! No blood! No tears! When Ryan got home from school, we headed to his mom's house. She wanted to do a family picture and one last dinner with the whole family for Josh before he left for school, so I got to organize the photo and then we ate. Poor Max had a couple accidents. We had poop go up his back for the first time ever... :-(

Ryan had more fun imitating Max that night and made me get in on it, too... ;-)











On Sunday, we went to visit my grandparents and my Uncle Hal. After that, we went home and Ry tried to get our hot tub cleaned out so we can start using it again. We both could use some more relaxation some days!

Max is smiling a lot more. We're still trying to get him to smile back at us when we smile at him. I think he's getting close! He is starting to make new sounds, too. It sounded like he said "Hi" on Saturday night, but obviously we can't count it as a first word yet! Just a sound he made that sounded like a word. He also is pretty funny sometimes when he loses his binky. It falls out of his mouth and he'll turn his towards the binky and try to suck on it!

Anyway, I've got lots to do today and have been pretty lazy so far, so I'd better go!

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Aubrey

1 comment:

Natalie Lynne ♥ said...

girl your baby is so so cute!! He is already growing up so fast! wow! so cute!