Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life This Week...

Time for an update! Read on to hear what's been going on in the lives of the Nelson family this week!

On Monday, Ryan's older sister, Melissa, told him that she is pregnant with Baby #3. We are excited to have another little niece or nephew. So far, all we've got are nephews! So it will be fun to see if this one is a girl or another boy. We're excited for Max to have a cousin so close to his age, too!

Wednesday, July 28, was Max's actual due date. It is so weird to think that he technically wasn't supposed to be born until now. I'm so glad we didn't have to wait. I can't even imagine life without him now that he is here! I took some pictures of him that day (because I've been wanting to, anyway, and I figured his actual due date would be a good day to do them). Max and I went to visit Daddy at work that day for lunch. It was fun to see him during the day, and I think it brightened Ry's day, too. Also on Wednesday, I finally got my wedding ring to fit back on my ring finger instead of my pinky! I was pretty excited about that. Of course, now I can't get it on or off unless I'm in the shower... So it's pretty much just stuck on my finger, HaHa!

On Friday morning, I went to change Max and saw that the rest of his umbilical stump had fallen off. I couldn't find it anywhere in his clothes. So I figured, oh, well, but then saw that it had fallen into his diaper as I continued to change him. I was a little upset it hadn't fallen off before I did his pictures on Wednesday! Now I need to do more... ;-)

My insulin pump has been giving me problems for the past couple of weeks. The buttons keep getting stuck, so my pump will go into lock mode and then it is nearly impossible to get out of that mode because you have to push two of the buttons down, and one will be stuck and the other won't push down. Also because the buttons have been getting stuck, my insulin deliveries keep getting cancelled. It took me twenty minutes to deliver all the insulin I needed one night last week. I've been terrified of having to get a new one--they are so freaking expensive, even with insurance, and now is not a good time for us to be forking out extra money like that... Luckily, we discovered that we have a four-year warranty on it from the original purchase date, and I got mine in January 2008. So I called the Animas pump company and they sent me a new one. It arrived at our home on Friday. And this one is actually the right shade of pink! I remember being slightly upset that when my original pump arrived it was not a metallic shade of pink. But my new one is! Hopefully it will last longer than two years this time...

Yesterday, Ryan's grandparents from Richfield came into town to visit their family that lives up our way. The family decided to do a barbeque at a park in Spanish Fork. So we took Max there for the day. This is the first time he got to meet his Great-Grandma and -Grandpa Nelson. It's always fun to see all of Ry's family. His cousins are all so nice and everyone always makes me feel like I'm part of the family. Some of Ry's cousins have followed our blog throughout our pregnancy. His cousin April told me that I could turn the blog into a scrapbook at www.blurb.com, which I think I may do! I've been wanting to put together a baby book of sorts for Max, and I have so many pictures that it's hard to just buy one that will work out the way I want it to. I'm hoping I can create something that will conform to my needs. After lunch, our nephew, Nixon, got a water fight started by throwing water on his dad, Cody. Nearly all of the guys there and just the younger girls got involved (us older girls stayed on the pavilion where it was safe).

After lunch, everyone went their separate ways and Ryan's grandparents went back to my father-in-law's house. So Ryan and I met them there, and so did his sister, Melissa, and her boys, Nixon and Jaden. Ryan's grandparents didn't stay for very long, but it was nice to see them. Melissa wanted to hold Max and she did so for quite some time while Ryan played with her kids. Jaden wanted to hold Max, too, so Melissa helped him with that. She fed Max twice, and the second time she fed him he puked up milk all over the place! I have never seen him throw up like that--milk was just pouring from his nose and his mouth. It made me so sad! I think he threw up what he'd been eating at that time as well as most of the milk from his previous feeding! Milk was all over Melissa and all over Gene and Maralee's couch. And I know everyone said not to worry about it, but I'm sorry again to all three of them!

Anyway, here are some pictures we've taken this past week...

Max and Daddy sleeping!


Kicking his little legs!


The little guy in his car seat!


Naked man, all stretched out!


This is after his umbilical stump broke off the first time!


Sleeping in Mommy's lap after a long day in the sun!


Max started doing this pouty lip thing in the car a few days ago... It's pretty cute!


Look at those big, pretty eyes!


He gets this little dent in his forehead sometimes when he pulls certain facial expressions... I love it!


Maximus and his stuffed monkey!


:-)


We sure love this little monster!


Cutie!


Ready to go visit Daddy at work!


Poor Max... He knows a diaper change is coming!


Max's belly button! No umbilical stump!!


Oh, the adventures in the Nelson home! Ryan dog piling on Kaylee and Josh!


Jaden holding Max!


My old pump (top) and my new pump (bottom)!


And here are a bunch of the pictures I did of Max on his due date! He's 19 days old here.





































Anyway, that is all the updates for this week... Hope you all enjoyed! Check back later for more!

-Aubrey

No comments: