Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Max's First Cart Ride!

So, my latest goal is to update my blog a little more frequently... My past several posts have taken HOURS (mind you, you've seen how many pictures I upload... Not only do I edit them, but I convert most of them from RAW to JPEG... and not just the ones I upload... you only see A FEW of the hundreds of pictures I take!)! It's just way too time-consuming...

So, here's the first week of December!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010... Nothing super special happened in our little home, but here are some pictures we got!

Max is loving his mobile these days!


He is also loving moving... He goes from here...


To here!


Silly boy... :-)


Thursday, December 2, 2010... I woke to yet another sopping wet set of blankets and pajamas on my sweet baby boy... I decided it was time to upgrade to Size 3 diapers. The only ones we had were the Huggies jean diapers my grandma bought a while back, so I put those on him. They're surprisingly cute! They kind of look like cut-offs... HaHa!





My baby should be a Huggies model... He's got a cute little butt!




I called an old friend from Walgreens that day... I don't usually make phone calls. I'm more of a texter. But good ol' Rebecca doesn't have texting on her phone right now and she's living in St. George! We talked for about an hour and I updated her on all the babies that have arrived this year. It was nice to catch up with her!

My grandma stopped by to visit that day and to drop off a baby gift her old neighbor had asked her to give us. Max showed off his new diapers for her and talked to her for a while! He also showed her his awesome Tummy Time skills! Ryan and I think he's getting close to learning how to crawl... He is definitely trying! He gets really excited when you put a stuffed animal when he's on his belly. His legs start moving like crazy and he gets almost up off of his hips, but then he lifts up his arms and just floats on his belly while his limbs all flail! He'll figure it out soon enough, though!



Just having fun!








Toy!!








Mr. Cute Stuff!


Max sucking on my finger, waiting for his bedtime bottle... HaHa!


Friday, December 3... Max and I finally got around to running some errands! I orderd Christmas cards at Walgreens first thing in the morning. I got us both ready for the day and we headed to the post office to send a couple hats I recently finished for some clients, then we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things, and then we went to Walgreens to pick up our cards and catch up with a couple friends. We stopped by Ryan's work to give him a drink and then headed home so Max could eat his lunch! A while later, my mother-in-law texted and asked if we had plans that night and if we didn't, if they could come visit. We didn't have plans so they stopped by. They brought pizza and breadsticks and I made brownies for us (Coke brownies! Very good, but very rich! Let me know if you want the recipe!). It's been a while since we've seen them, so it was nice to hang out with them. Thanks again to both Gene and Maralee for the pizza and for the visit!

Ry got some pictures of Max sleeping on Maralee! They were cute together!



Saturday, December 4, 2010... Nothing very exciting happened... We went to Costco and picked up what I hope is all the formula we need before Christmas... But here are some pictures I took of Max and Ryan after we got back!

Tired after getting home!


I LOVE those sweet baby blues!




I love this picture. Ryan just looks like a dad! I don't think we have any pictures with me just looking like a mom!


Flyin'!






Max and Gavin! We tried to get Malibu in the picture, too, but she wouldn't stay on the couch...


Sunday, December 5, 2010... My sister, Brooke, and her boyfriend, Klay, came over that night. Brooke took me to see Sex and the City (the movie) in theaters when it came out in 2008, shortly before I got married. There's a part in the movie, too, where Big leaves Carrie a message on their wedding day and she's listening to it on her honeymoon without him, and the voicemail says, "Saturday, September 20..." That part freaked me out! But it was a really good movie and we both loved it. We were going to go see Sex and the City 2 while I was pregnant this summer, but by the time we finally got around to it, it was only playing at Jordan Commons at 9-something P.M.... I had a hard time staying up past 8 while I was pregnant, so we didn't end up going. Now that it's on DVD, we decided to rent it. So, they came over and we made dinner. They brought a couple of sides, which was nice of them! I made mojito bars (very sour on Day 1, but good on Day 2! Again, I've got the recipe!) to go with our mojitos, too! Brooke, Max, and I watched the movie with several interruptions (hey, what can you expect when you've got a baby?) while Ryan and Klay played video games. The movie definitely wasn't as good as the first, but it wasn't as bad as I'd heard it was going to be. Thanks again to both of them for visiting, too! It was fun to hang out with them!

Monday, December 6, 2010... It was Ryan's brother Josh's 19th birthday! Josh is in Idaho for school and didn't come down to celebrate, so I guess we'll have to give him his card when he comes home in a couple weeks!

Ryan has been considering switching from UVU to Stevens-Henager College recently. UVU doesn't offer a lot of the classes he needs at night or on weekends, which means if he stays there, it will be very hard to actually get his degree. So he set up an appointment to meet with someone at SHG. They gave him a tour and were going to help him look into Pell Grants, but Ryan left a tax paper he needed at home.

Anyway, here are some pictures from that day...

Good morning!


Max's famous little tongue...


I love this alligator as much as Max does... If anyone know of a place that sells stuffed animals this size with scrawny arms and legs and with pieces that can't be pulled off or out, let me know... I'd love to have more of these!






This is the ONLY reason I don't look forward to bathing Max... He loves his baths so much and is so cute, but I ALWAYS wind up SOAKED... And, I'm certain I haven't lost all the baby weight yet (I know I'm not huge, but I'm bigger than I used to be), so please excuse the belly...






This is how Max sucks on a pacifier... He's never been much of a binkie baby...


Tuesday, December 7, 2010... Max and I went to Wal-Mart to do some grocery shopping today. First, we had to put some gas in my car. While I was filling up, I peeked in the back window at Max and he smiled at me. So, I started smiling and pulling funny faces and playing Peek-A-Boo with him. It was so cute! Some guy pulled up to fill up his car at the tank next to us and gave me a funny look. I didn't care, though. It was worth it!

Once we got to Wal-Mart, of course, I realized I forgot to bring my sling. I sat in my car for probably a full five minutes trying to decide if I should go back home... I decided to try putting Max in a shopping cart like a big boy! I set down a blanket so the cart wouldn't be so hard against his skin and I rolled another blanket to put behind his back to help him sit up straight. Max kept slumping to his right... Luckily, I needed more yarn, so I put it all on his right side to keep him from leaning so much. He really seemed to like being in the cart--he was looking around all over the place and he kept smiling at me when he'd look at me. He got upset a couple times so I took him out to hold him. Luckily he didn't stay fussy for very long--he is getting HEAVY!

By the time we got to the check out line, Max was asleep. A woman got in line behind me as I started putting my items on the belt. She told me I needed to get a picture of Max. I told her I wished I could, but I'd left my camera home and the camera in my phone doesn't work. She offered to take a picture for me and send it to me, and I told her I'd love it if she did! She'd just gotten her phone the night before and it took her until my cart was empty of everything but the yarn to take a picture. She couldn't figure out how to send me the picture, so she got my number and told me she'd send it as soon as she figured it out. About an hour later, she sent it to me!



The cashier kept smiling at Max while he slept in the cart and the girl ringing the bell outside thought he was really cute in the cart, too. :-) I like hearing how cute my baby is, especially from strangers. I don't think they usually lie... I think most strangers keep their mouths shut if they think a baby isn't cute!

Here's some pictures of Max in his new Christmas outfit!







Ryan had to go to Stevens-Henager again today to give them the tax document he'd left home yesterday. It looks like he can get Pell Grants for about a third of his college, which is good. SHC is more expensive that UVU, but it may be a better option for Ryan. And if he goes there, he'll have his Bachelor's in three years. He's going to sit in on a class on Monday and think about it for a while before making a decision.

We picked up a space heater for Max's room tonight. He'll probably sleep in our room again tonight and we'll make him start sleeping in his room again tomorrow. :-)

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season so far!

And if you don't get a holiday card from us, I apologize--I've used all of our stamps and envelopes! But here's a digital card for you!



Happy Holidays!

No comments: