Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Rest of November

Alrighty! December is here so it's time I updated you all on the rest of November!

Pictures from the day of my last post on November 18...

Max is getting so good at holding things and TOO good at putting things in his mouth!!






I LOVE my son. A year ago on the 18th Ryan and I found out that we were actually going to have a baby. I was in shock the whole day. I wanted to tell everyone and no one at the same time. I was so happy and so scared. That day just changed my life forever! And I wouldn’t change a thing that has happened since then. I’m the luckiest girl alive and I wouldn’t give up what I have for anything in this world.

On November 19, I met up with my friend, Cozette, at Wal-Mart. She had some info on making your own baby food for me (THANK YOU, COZY!)! Her little boy is so small! Max is huge compared to Braxton. Braxton is only 17 pounds and that’s about what Max weighed at his last doctor appointment! They’re six months apart!

Anyway, here are some pictures of my little family on November 19...



These boys are my world. :-)


On November 20, Max got his first taste of REAL food--not just plain old cereal. His first REAL solid food was sweet potatoes!

Drinking some milk first...




Such a messy eater... HaHa!




In go the potatoes...












LOL, Ry had to try it, too!














Josh came home from Idaho for Thanksgiving Break starting that weekend. He got the whole week off! Ryan had him over to play games on the Wii. Cameron came over, too, so we had all the Nelson brothers at our house! The boys played games that night while Max and I worked on making hats. J

The Nelson brothers. I know there are three beers on the table but I promise Josh wasn’t drinking--two of those are Ryan’s!

This is how Max makes hats… He sits on my lap and prevents me from making them!


November 21 marked the 13th anniversary of the day I was diagnosed with diabetes. I’ve had it for a very long time… It’s weird to think I’ve had it for more than half of my life. The anniversary got me thinking that day… I hate having diabetes. It complicates things so much… Counting carbs and doing math so I know how much insulin to give myself every time I eat isn’t a lot of fun. I’m grateful that I don’t have anything worse than diabetes right now, though. Diabetes is at least manageable. It just gets so hard sometimes… What makes it hardest is knowing that it just doesn’t go away. There is no break from it. I can’t take a day off from it and I will never be able to. What makes it even harder now is knowing that I may have passed it on to my son. He doesn’t have diabetes right now and I hope that he never will… But there’s a chance that I’ve passed it along. I am so scared that he will get diabetes and that he will not only have to face these challenges that I have faced, but that he will hate me if he gets it. I know that I have no control over whether or not he gets it, but I know I will probably blame myself if he does.

Um, let’s move on to a happier day… On November 23, Ryan’s school was cancelled because Utah’s biggest blizzard in 25 years (or something to that effect) was supposed to hit that day… We got NO snow in Orem… But Max and I got to hang out with Ryan, so that was nice.

Max has officially learned how to roll from his back to his side, and he gets pretty close to rolling all the way to his belly when he’s on a soft surface like our bed… While this is cute, it’s also annoying… Max has recently become a daddy’s boy and tries to look for Ryan when he knows he’s around… For instance, when Ryan is in our bedroom and I take Max to his room to change his diaper… He rolls onto his side and cranes his neck looking for Ryan… So I try to roll him back onto his back, but Max is persistent… Have you ever tried to change a baby’s diaper when he’s laying on his side? It’s not an easy task…

Anyway, here are a couple pictures of him on his side on November 24…





November 25 was Thanksgiving Day. Not only was it Thanksgiving, but it was Max’s FIRST THANKSGIVING!! We let Max try his first home made baby food that day… Avocado!



When I thaw it out, it doesn’t stay in the heart shape… :-( I wish it did! Though I guess no one would really benefit from it if it did… He didn’t really like the avocado when we gave it to him… We’ve decided he doesn’t like cold food--everything has to be heated! And we didn’t heat the avocado.

We went to my grandparents’ house for Thanksgiving this year. There wasn’t a big crowd--just my grandparents, my uncle, my dad and his girlfriend and their kids. Usually my grandma’s sister and her kids and their kids are there, too. And it’s always nice to see them, but I liked not having a ton of people there this year. It means there’s a slightly lower chance of Max getting sick! My grandpa held Max for the first time that day. It was cute! :-)





Smiles from both baby and great-grandpa!


We had Thanksgiving dinner earlier than usual because my sister, Brooke, had to work in the afternoon. So, I made a “mini-Thanksgiving dinner” for us that night…

Max's first Thanksgiving!




Little Max on his first Thanksgiving!


Our feast! Turkey cranberry sandwiches (for the record, lunchmeat turkey is not as good with it as REAL turkey), Holiday Brownie-Berry Bowl (get the recipe here--http://brands.kraftfoods.com/jello/recipe.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&wf=9&recipe_id=64362--it's surprisingly good!), twice baked sweet potatoes (I should have bought the magazine I saw the recipe in...), stuffing, pecan pie (gotta love pre-made frozen desserts!), and sparkling cider!


November 26 was Black Friday. Ryan went to Wal-Mart around 9 A.M. and got a couple movies and a game for cheap. That was all the shopping that went on for us that day! We decorated our Christmas tree that day, too!

My boys taking a nap!


Our tree all decorated!




Yay! Max's first Christmas tree!

HaHa, Max wasn't so interested in standing on his own!





On November 28, Ryan had a lot of homework to catch up on, but my dad invited us over for dinner so we hung out there for a few hours. Ryan didn’t get to see Brooke for her birthday in October so we planned on having her over sometime for cake and stuff, but we never did get around to it. So, I brought the cake I had planned to make for her! Jack the Pumpkin King… HaHa. It didn’t turn out as great as I’d hoped! But it wasn’t bad. Though no one touched it at dinner--my dad made peach cobbler, too!

Anyway, here are pictures from that day…

He's so cuddly when he's sleepy!


Hangin' with Daddy!


Hangin' with Mommy!


Little cutie!




This is one of Max's favorite toys... If he can get a good grip on it, he loves it!






Gavin!


Malibu!


Kitty cat hang out... I'm getting sick of redecorating the tree every day!


He doesn't actually look much like Jack...


While we were at my dad’s, I borrowed Sean’s camera and copied the pictures he got of Max in the jumper (I mentioned that in my last post)! And here they are!











There’s a video of him in the jumper, too, but if you want to see it, you’ll have to watch it on Facebook… I have it saved in my videos there. It’s not worth trying to resize videos for Blogger… It takes up more time than I have to do so!

On November 29, Max got his first taste of bananas! He likes them best so far! He has also become good friends with his monkey… He is really starting to enjoy his stuffed animals and his mobile and things like that!







Bananas!












And on to yesterday… November 30! The last day of the month! I’m sure no one else will find this as entertaining as I did… I put Max in his crib when I got in the shower because I’m paranoid about him rolling off of our bed now and he is getting too tall for the sleeper we have for him (and he dislikes it when he wants to play, anyway). When I got out of the shower and walked into his room to check on him, he had rotated! So instead of laying hot dog-ways, he was laying hamburger-ways! He is such a little mover! He can’t stand sitting still!







And here are my two favorite boys last night… :-)



That’s it for November! Hope you all had a great month!

1 comment:

Leslie Moon Face said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! what a stud. ;) And I remember when you were diagnosed with diabetes... it was crazy and a little scarey, and it wasn't even me! You're amazing!