Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Birthday

So, I turned 22 eight days ago and have not yet told you all about it! I'm sure not everyone cares, but I decided I want to write about it because it was a lot of fun and my husband did so much for me that day.

Ryan's alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. on my birthday. He got out of bed and went to Einstein Bros. Bagels to get me breakfast only to discover that they didn't open until 5:30 a.m. He brought me my favorite bagel (the potato bagel with plain cream cheese schmear) and a cup of hot chocolate.

I told him I was going to make him lunch since he'd gotten me breakfast, but he told me he was taking me out to lunch. So we both got ready and headed off to work.

At work, I was delivered a boquet of flowers. :) Ryan is such a sweetheart. Two dozen roses! I called to thank him and he was upset because apparently, I had not received what he had ordered. Soon after that, our pharmacist learned that it was my birthday and announced over the intercom, "Happy birthday, Aubrey." I was a bit embarassed... LOL. I didn't really care to celebrate this year so I didn't really make it publicly known that it was my birthday...

Soon after that, Ryan picked me up from work and we went to Bajio for lunch. I got my favorite dish from them - the Pineapple Shrimp Salad.

After lunch, Ryan took me back to work. The day went by fast enough and soon we were back at home. Family and friends started arriving for cupcakes (I told Ryan I wanted blue cupcakes, so he made blue coconut cupcakes with blue frosting for me!) and ice cream, we socialized, I opened gifts. I got lots of great things! Ryan and my grandma went in together to get me a really nice camcorder, which I have been wanting for when the baby gets here. I got cards, memory cards, gift cards, cash, maternity clothes, and baby stuff from everyone else!

After everyone left, we went to dinner at our favorite sushi place--Shoga. Sadly, I couldn't have my favorite sushi, but the California rolls weren't bad. And my shrimp tempura was awesome!! Then Ryan and I went home to watch "The Box" and go to bed.

The day after my birthday, flowers were again delivered to me at work. Though this time, they included EVERYTHING Ryan had originally ordered--chocolates, a teddy bear, and a vase along with yet another two dozen roses! Ry's grandparents also called me that day to play a song for me and wish me a happy birthday.

So, that is what happened for my birthday last week! I'd like to thank all my family and friends who were able to come see us and those who wished me a happy birthday in other ways. Most of all, I would like to thank Ryan for making my day so wonderful and so perfect. I can't believe everything he did for me. I truly believe he is one of a kind and that I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life. I couldn't have had a better day, and it is all thanks to him. I love him with all my heart. :-)

-Aubrey

No comments: