Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Our New OB

Today, Ryan and I met our new OB. His name is Dr. Joseph Glenn. He's an older man and seems nice.

He was pleased to hear that my blood sugar levels were not running high during the first trimester. He said that high blood sugars during the first trimester are they typical cause for birth defects in babies of diabetic mothers. He said that the second trimester is the least critical trimester for blood sugars to be in control (though I still want them to be in control), and that it becomes very important again during the third trimester to have excellent control.

He told us that we would probably be induced two or three weeks early, as I've mentioned before, because it is simply just too dangerous for diabetics to carry babies to full term. He talked to us a bit about how they induce pregnancy early.

He found our baby's heartbeat, but he didn't tell us what the rate was... :-(

They did a urine test, as they always do, and didn't say anything about a UTI. Since they didn't mention it, I assume it's cleared up enough not to show up on a test. Which means that the pills must be working, though I am still having episodes of kidney pain on a regular basis. I brought up to the doctor that I did have one and that I was on medication for it, just so he was aware.

Dr. Glenn wants to see us again in four weeks. I had considered finding yet another new OB because when I went in to fill out the paperwork, their papers said they don't bill two insurance companies. Luckily, though, they actually will. So our next appointment with him is four weeks from today. After that, he wants to see us every other week. Unfortunately, he only works in the mornings, so I'm going to have to start requesting to have Mondays off work (so much for weekends...), and Ryan won't be able to attend every appointment with me. I'm a little bit sad about this, but I do understand and I do appreciate that he has gone to all of the important appointments with me thus far.

After we left, we went to Carl's Jr. to grab lunch on our way back to work. I'd eaten about half my burger when I realized I was going to throw it all up... So I did, into a garbage bag Ryan had in his car as he was driving. We pulled over at a gas station to throw away my bag of vomit. We then got on the freeway to continue our journey back to work. At this point, I realized I'd forgotten to test my blood sugar and I felt low. So I tested and I was 60. So we had to stop at a gas station to get something else for me to eat. I got a Krispy Kreme doughnut and a Sobe just in case I couldn't hold down the doughnut, either. Luckily, I did.

By the time I got home from work, my kidneys were back to hurting and I had an awful headache. So I napped and Ryan went out to run some errands. He bought me chips and guacamole and brought it home for dinner. I got about halfway done with that when I realized that I was again going to puke. And sure enough, I did.

I have now thrown up four times in the past week. I'm not entirely sure why I am suddenly throwing up... It could be morning sickness kicking in late, it could be the pills I'm on for the UTI, or I could just be sick. All I know is that the past week has not been my favorite and that I am so sick of feeling like crap! But I'm hoping everything will be back to normal and just fine by the end of the week when I'm done with my meds.

Anyhow, I hope this post was at least entertaining and I hope you all are doing well!

-Aubrey

P.S. This is appointment #11!

No comments: