Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Pregnancy - 20 Weeks; Doctor Appointments

This week has been awful!! For my kidneys, that is.

Starting the day of my last ultrasound, so just over two weeks ago, I started getting back pain. It wasn't until a few days ago that I realized the pain was actually originating in my kidneys.

So, on Monday this week, I called to set an appointment with my new OB. He's out of town so they couldn't get me in until Monday next week (the 15th). I was miserable and in pain all day. Finally, at 9:30 at night, Ryan was getting ready to take me to InstaCare. I insisted that he didn't and the only way he would agree not to take me is if I got an appointment for the next day.

So yesterday, I called Dr. Willis' office to see if I could get in that day. Luckily, they had an opening for me to see him at 3:20.

After suffering through the day, I finally made it to the appointment. Sure enough, as I'd suspected, I had a UTI. Though I only had a trace of one, they said. Dr. Willis wrote me two prescriptions and warned me that they would change the color of my urine (and believe me, it has!). I also read on one of the prescriptions that they would discolor soft contact lenses, so I've decided to stick to my glasses through Saturday this week.

The pain in my kidneys is not yet gone. It's changed, but it almost feels worse today than it did yesterday and the day before that. The pills have also been making me feel kind of sick to my stomach. I'm on the verge of running into the bathroom and puking as I'm writing this...

But I have faith that they'll eventually make me feel better.

Anyway, I was supposed to have an appointment with Julie Patterson again tomorrow. When the doctor's office called to remind me, though, they called to remind me of my appointment with Dr. Dave Douglas. So I called back to see what was going on, and apparently Dr. Patterson has moved to a different clinic. They asked if I was okay with seeing a different doctor and I told them that I really liked Julie and that it wasn't worth it for me to drive so far away to see anyone besides her. So I cancelled tomorrow's appointment and now need to see if I can get in to see anyone besides Dr. Moyes in Provo...

Anyhow, on to what you've all been waiting for: the 20 Week update! Enjoy!

-------------------------

"You've got a baby the size of a small cantaloupe in your melon-size belly this week, about 10 ounces and 6-1/2 inches (crown to rump). Your ultrasound this month should be able to detect--if you want to know--whether your baby is a boy or a girl. And oh boy--or oh girl--has that baby been busy. If you're having a girl, her uterus is fully formed, her ovaries are holding about 7 million primitive eggs (though at birth, the number of eggs will be closer to 2 million), and her vaginal canal is starting to develop. If you're having a boy, his testicles have begun their descent from the abdomen. In a few months, they'll drop into the scrotum (which is still under construction). Luckily for your baby, he or she still has plenty of room in your womb, which means there's plenty of space for twisting, turning, kicking, punching, and even an occasional somersault. If you haven't felt these acrobatics yet, you almost certainly will in the coming weeks."

-text from What to Expect When You're Expecting, Chapter 10

-photo from http://www.babycenter.com

Thanks for stopping by! The next doctor's appointment is currently scheduled for Monday the 15th, as I mentioned earlier.

-Aubrey

P.S. This appointment was doctor appointment #10!

No comments: