Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dr. Day

Appointment #17 was yesterday!

We met Dr. Robert Day, my newest diabetes doctor. He seems a little odd, but he's not the worst doctor I've ever met with... He told us that Dr. Moyes accepted a job closer to her home in Salt Lake, so she is no longer working with the clinic in Provo. I was more than relieved to hear that I wouldn't be running into her!

My HbA1c was excellent this time! It was 6.0%! That's the highest number a non-diabetic person can be before they're diagnosed with diabetes! So I'm actually in the non-diabetic category. I thought that was pretty cool. I'm quite proud of myself! I also had a lower heartbeat than I typically do and my blood pressure was actually normal for once in my life. I don't know what it is about doctor's offices--I guess I just don't like doctors. I'm always nervous at appointments.

My numbers have been running a bit higher than they should be lately, though, so the doctor made some new adjustments for me. I'm supposed to go back and see him again in three weeks, the same day as our next ultrasound.

After the appointment, Ryan and I stopped by the outpatient center by the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center to pick up the screening test my OB wants me to take. So I started that last night and get to go turn it in tonight. I'm not 100% sure what it is they're measuring... My kidney function and to see if I have high blood pressure, I think, so they can be sure I don't have preeclampsia... I'll let you know if I find out!

After that, Ry and I decided to swing by Best Buy. As soon as we walked out to the parking lot and got to our car, it wouldn't start. We couldn't figure out what was wrong... So we called my dad, but he was at work. So we called my brother, Corbin, and asked him to bring some jumper cables. Of course, when Corbin got there with his friend, Riley, there wasn't a spot next to us for him to pull into. So Corbin and Riley pushed the car out of the parking stall and got it rolling down the aisle. Then they went and hopped into Corb's truck and pulled up to Ryan's car just as Ryan's car actually started!

Corbin and Riley went on their way and Ryan and I headed to Pep Boys and had them test the battery and the alternator. The guy told us that the alternator was testing at 13.5, but that it should be testing between 13.8 and 14. They wanted to charge us $220 for a new alternator. I called my dad and he said that as long as it was testing above 12 we didn't need a new one. So we decided we'd bring the car over to his house the next day and see if he could figure out what else it could be.

Ryan and I then went to Kneaders for dinner and the car wouldn't go into park. Obviously if the car isn't in park when you try to start it, it won't start. So we decided that must be the problem. We had dinner and then Ryan's "service engine soon" light came on, so we ran to Auto Zone, where they were too busy to help us. So then we went to Checker and figured out the code. It said something about the airway, and Ry has a wire that's broken on the sensor there, so we figured if we can splice the wire, the car will be fine. We'll try it tonight and see if that works!

Anyhow, that's all I've got to say for now!

Today's our last day in the second trimester, so check back tomorrow to learn more about the third!

-Aubrey

No comments: