Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Past Week!

I am definitely lagging behind on this blog! My apologies. Instead of several different updates, I'll put the whole week into just this one. That way maybe I'll actually get it done!

Last weekend Ryan and I bought a new camera for my business. I'm really excited about it, because Ryan is going to be tagging along with me for some of my photo sessions. The difference between the old camera and the new camera is incredible--I really didn't think it was going to be worth the money, but it really is amazing! I was supposed to have my first bridal session that weekend, but the weather was terrible, so we kept rescheduling... We decided to try for Wednesday.

Monday last week, I had three doctor appointments. I woke up that morning and was pissed off that it was snowing. I've never been so mad in my life about snow, and I'm really not sure why I was so mad... But anyway, my first appointment (doctor appointment #19) was with the OB who once again told me I was measuring big but that everything else seemed good and that the baby sounded healthy. It was a short appointment and I went home right after.

Ryan came home to pick me up for doctor appointment #20. It was yet another ultrasound with a new doctor... I don't remember her name but I didn't really like her. The baby weighed in at 4 pounds, 8 ounces and his heartrate was 152 bpm. The doctor told us we were measuring 17 days ahead of schedule, which she interpreted as one week intead of 2-1/2 weeks... But whatever... She also asked us if we'd been offered any tests during our pregnancy to find out if the baby had any problems. We told her no and she didn't say anything about it or offer us anything. She then told us we'd start non-stress tests the following week and that was that...

Here are our pictures from the ultrasound!







Ry and I grabbed some lunch before he went back to work. I had doctor appointment #21 later on with the diabetes doctor. When I got there, they told me he was an hour behind schedule and that I could either wait for him or I could see his nurse practitioner, Sharon. I opted to see Sharon and found out that she was not someone I really wanted to see again... She asked me when my baby was due and I told her, and I mentioned (as I typically do) that I was being induced early. She asked me why I was being induced early and I said, "Well, because I'm a diabetic." She asked again why I would be induced early... I told her that I'd been told that diabetics had a high risk of having still births, so it was dangerous for me to go full term. "Oh," she said... Why is it every other doctor and nurse I've talked to knows about this and she doesn't?! Anyway, I told her I thought I needed some adjustments in my insulin but wasn't sure where to make them. She looked at my numbers and said, "Well, this looks good to me. We'll see you in three weeks." Thanks for nothin', doc...

So that was Monday. Tuesday, Ryan's youngest brother, Josh, graduated from high school. We hung out with their family for most of the day. We are all very proud of him!



Wednesday, we hit 31 weeks in our pregnancy! Here's the weekly update...

-------------------------

"Though your baby still has 3 to 5 pounds more to gain before delivery, he or she is weighing in at an impressive 3-plus pounds this week. And at 18 inches long (give or take a couple because fetuses this age come in all sizes), your baby is quickly approaching his or her birth length. Also developing at an impressive clip these days: your baby's brain connections (baby has to make trillions of them). And he or she is able to put that complex web of brain connections to good use, too--already processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. Your brainy baby is also a sleepy one, putting in longer stretches of snooze time, specifically in REM sleep--which is why you're probably notgicing more defined patterns of awake (and kicking) and sleeping (quiet) times from your little one."

-text from What to Expect When You're Expecting

-photo from http://www.babycenter.com

-------------------------

Wednesday night we finally got to do my friend Andrea's bridal photos! We went to Memory Grove Park, which is where Ryan and I did our own bridals/groomals. It was good practice for both of us and we got a lot of good pictures. I only have two posted so far, but feel free to check them out on my business blog at http://aubreyhopephotography.blogspot.com.

Thursday night, my baby brother graduated! Corbin is the last of the Leonard kids to graduate from high school. All three of us did it! We are all very proud of him, too.



I've been working on editing Andrea's bridals every spare chance I've gotten since we had our session, so that's what I've been doing (between my bouts of moaning about how the baby is huge and just won't stop moving and making me uncomfortable). I've got two people interested in me as their wedding photographer in October right now, and I've got a couple of people interested in senior pictures, in addition to my mom's office considering using me as their company photographer... I'm really excited that I've got so many people interested, so I've been putting a lot of time into my photo stuff for the past week! So I do apologize for my future laggings as well...

Yesterday was my 6-year anniversary with Ryan. We started dating six years ago... That feels like such a long time! It's cool to look back and see everything we've been through together, all we've overcome, the dedication and committment we've given each other. I'm so pleased to see where we were then and where we are today. We were a couple of crazy, lost kids six years ago, and now here we are as adults--married, expecting our first child, living in our own home... I love Ryan with all my heart and would not trade my life with him for anything. We tried out Market Street Grill last night for dinner to celebrate. It was yummy! But lucky me and my non-stop morning sickness, I didn't eat a whole lot... But it was still good.

Anyway, I think that's all I've got for you for now... Tomorrow we start the non-stress tests, so hopefully you'll get to hear about that in the next couple of days!

Hope everyone is well!!

-Aubrey

No comments: