Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

This Week

Do I even need to try to explain my slacking this week? It's just going to keep happening, I think... This is why I didn't keep a journal for very long as a kid. And thank goodness, since Ryan likes to look at my 8-year-old journal entries and laugh... LOL.

So on Monday this week we had doctor appointment #32. We saw Dr. Glenn, my OB. We informed him that we had an amniocentesis scheduled for July 13, and he was a bit anxious about waiting that long. He asked if we'd be okay to reschedule for July 8, and we said that would be fine. There were no openings for us on July 8, though, so we rescheduled for this coming Friday, July 9. Dr. Glenn didn't spend a lot of time with us this week, but he seems to be almost certain that we will be doing a C-section and that the baby will go straight to the NICU. He explained that if my blood sugar is 150, the baby's can be 300, so birth will be a big adjustment for him and he will need to go to the NICU to be weaned off of sugar. Anyway, with the amniocentesis less than a weeks away, Ryan and I have been extremely busy preparing for our son's arrival. Hopefully the amniocentesis will go well and we'll be holding him in our arms this time next week! Still at the hospital, of course.

Later that afternoon, we had appointment #33--another non-stress test that went well yet again.

Anyway... Wednesday we hit 36 weeks in our pregnancy, and here is the update for that!

-------------------------

"Weighing about 6 pounds and measuring somewhere around 20 inches tall, your baby is almost ready to be served up into your arms. Right now, most of baby's systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are just about equipped for life on the outside. Though the digestive system is ready to roll, too, it hasn't really gotten a workout yet. Remember, up until this point, your baby's nutrition has been arriving via the umbilical cord--no digestion necessary. But that's soon to change. As soon as baby takes his or her first suckle at your breast (or suck from the bottle), that digestive system will be jump-started--and those diapers will start filling."

-text from What to Expect When You're Expecting"

-photo from http://www.babycenter.com

-------------------------

Thursday was another non-stress test--appointment #34. Again, it went well. Hopefully we only have two or three more next week and then we'll be done with them!

Ryan's work surprised us with a Babies "R" Us gift card on Friday. There's another girl at Ryan's work who is expecting a baby as well, so they had a cake made for them. Here's a picture...



Also on Friday, I made a phone call to get my maternity leave rolling at work. They won't send us any information, though, until the day I start my leave...

My baby brother, Corbin, turned 18 on Friday, also. It's so weird to think that all of us kids are legally adults now...

Anyway, that is all I've got to post for now... I think it's time for me to go take a nap!

More appointments on Tuesday... Check back next week for more exciting news!

-Aubrey

No comments: