Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Ba-Boom, Ba-Boom

Is there anything more amazing than hearing your baby's heartbeat for this first time?

That's what we did at our appointment today, and it was incredible! Ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom! The baby's heart was beating SO fast! 171 beats per minute (which is normal, for those of you who are wondering)! I really wish there was a way to record that sound. I wanted to bring it home with me and listen to it all night!

So an old wives' tale says, if your baby's heartbeat is over 145 bpm, the baby will be a girl, and if it's under 145 bpm, the baby will be a boy. Anyone believe this? Maybe I ought to start taking bets! :)

Also at today's appointment, Dr. Willis (my OB) said that now that we are 12 weeks along, we have a very low risk of having a miscarriage. Which is so good to hear! He also said that after our next appointment with him, he may refer me to the perinatologist permanently. So, at this point, we are not 100% sure who will be delivering our baby...

Anyhow, excitement from that appointment aside, I got a call from Jill Patterson's office today with my A1c results. It was at 7.2%. Ryan and I were both a little disappointed. My last one in October was 7.1% and I have worked a million times harder these past three months and so we were certain my A1c would be under 7% this time. But oh, well. All we can do now is work even harder!

I hope everyone is doing well! Check back on Tuesday to hear about the ultrasound!

-Aubrey

P.S. This is doctor's appointment #4!

No comments: