Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Diabetes Clinic... Again...

Okay, so at my Tuesday appointment, the doctor set me up with a diabetes care team in Provo. His secretary called me yesterday and told me that my appointment was today at 3:00 with Dr. Robert Day.

So, we were supposed to be meeting Dr. Robert Day today. My appointment WAS SUPPOSEDLY SCHEDULED WITH DR. DAY. But guess who I was told I was seeing instead?

Rebecca Moyes.

My nemesis.

Ooh, how I loathed her the last time I saw her. The woman was awful. And as the receptionists looked for my paperwork that the hospital had sent to them, I told them that my appointment was with Dr. Day and that I intended to see him, not Rebecca Moyes.

I thought they had heard me out. But I was wrong. The nurse called me back and got my heart rate (which was high due to my being told my appointment was actually with Dr. Moyes, not Dr. Day), blood pressure, and my A1c. Then she took us to our room and said, "Dr. Moyes will be right in."

I was fuming. I was ready to get up and walk out I was so mad. But she came in and was much more pleasant than she was the last time I saw her (but I still don't like her). She didn't have much to go over because, well, I had another diabetes appointment two days ago at which time changes were made...

Things are too quickly examined there. They print out blood sugars but only at key times of the day. So regardless if I tested 17 times in one day (which I did once during the past two weeks), their computer would only pull up six numbers. I don't like this. I feel like what is actually going on is not being thoroughly investigated.

Anyhow, she made no changes because changes were made only two days ago AND my current A1c is 6.6%. Don't ask me how it could fluctuate that much in two weeks... But I'm proud of it. This is closer to the number I was looking for when I saw Julie Patterson. So I'm pleased. And also, Rebecca Moyes said that my average blood sugar for the past two weeks is 108, which would put me below 6% on the scale. :)

Anyway, enough venting for now...

Now I just need to figure out which doctors I am actually supposed to be seeing, because at this point, I have so many that I don't actually know...

Hope you all have a fabulous day. Check back Wednesday for the "Week 14" update!

-Aubrey

P.S. This was doctor appointment #7...

No comments: