Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Pregnancy - Week 14

It's official! We made it out of the first trimester! Today begins the second trimester!

Can I tell you all real quick before we dive into "Week 14" just how lucky I think I am? I am so incredibly grateful to have such a wonderful man in my life. Ryan has been my best friend for a long time now and he has been amazingly sweet and helpful throughout the pregnancy thus far. He's been so great to take care of me and all the problems I've been having. I love him more than anything and am truly blessed to have him in my life.

:)

Anyhow, on to the point of this blog entry... "Week 14!" Please enjoy the read and check back next week for "Week 15!"

-------------------------

"Beginning in the second trimester, fetuses (like the children they'll eventually become) start growing at different paces, some faster than others, some more slowly. Despite the differences in growth rates, all babies in utero follow the same developmental path. This week, that path is leading your baby--who is about the size of your clenched fist--toward a straighter position as the neck is getting longer and the head more erect. And on top of that cute little head, your baby might actually be sprouting some hair. Eyebrow hair is also filling in about now, as is body hair, called lanugo. Don't worry, it's not permanent. This downy coating of hair is there to keep your baby warm for now--like a furry blanket. As baby fat accumulates later on in your pregnancy, most of that hair will be shed--though some babies, especially those born early, still have a temporary fuzzy coating at delivery."
-What to Expect When You're Expecting, Chapter 9


http://www.babycenter.com

-Aubrey

No comments: