Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Ultrasound!

Remember when I asked if there was anything more amazing than hearing your baby's heartbeat? Well, there is. Seeing it hiccup!!

We had our first ultrasound today and the baby was hiccupping! SO cute!!

Baby's heartbeat today was 175 bpm and baby is measuring in at three inches. Right on track for tomorrow's "13 Week Update!"

Below you will find the photo of our cute little baby from our first ultrasound.


Our doctor today was Glenn Schemmer. He gave us a lot of really confusing information... What I did gather from him is that Dr. Willis will not be delivering our baby and so we need to pick a new OB, and that I need to go to a different diabetes care team...

To make paying attention harder, while I was laying on the table with my belt and pants undone (of course it would happen then, right?), my blood sugar went low. I started jolting and spasming. So they tested my blood sugar and it was 28. Last time it was 28 was the first time I ever went into shock when I was 10... So I was a little out of it as it was...

Anyhow, we also met Jill today from the American Fork diabetes care team. Not real sure what I think of her...

We were told today that starting at week 30, I will have to do stress tests for the baby twice a week in addition to my weekly visits to the diabetes care team and my many other appointments... We were also told that diabetics often have pregnancies that result in still births, so we will most likely be induced two weeks early. So that July 28th EDD is probably actually going to be July 14th.

Anyhow, that's all I've got to say for now! Check back tomorrow for the latest update!

-Aubrey

P.S. These were doctor's appointments #5 and #6!

No comments: