Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Diabetes Clinic #1

Last time I went to REGULAR diabetes clinic was in October. I saw a new doctor, whose name is Alireza Falahati. He told me the next time I came in, I would see the nurse practitioner, Julie Patterson. That appointment was this morning.

Anyone looking for a diabetes doctor? Because Julie is amazing.

She also has diabetes. She's had it for seven years, she said. She is bubbly, friendly, nice, and helpful. I liked her a lot! And not only was she super excited to hear that I'm pregnant, but the two nurses who got my blood pressure and all that jazz were also super excited to hear it! It was a fun appointment.

Oh, and while at the appointment, I had to hop on the scale. I swear this one's off... It was higher last time and it was higher this time than my most recent weigh-in's at other offices. Anyhow, it said I'd gained three pounds from my previous visit, or about seven pounds from my other more recent visits to other offices. Anyway, I almost had a hard attack when I saw that big number... And of course Ryan started laughing hysterically when he saw my face. The girls just looked at him completely shocked! The one said, "You're not supposed to laugh! I can't believe you're laughing!" But everyone thought it was actually pretty funny once we did tell them that I'm pregnant.

Typically, I have these appointments every three months. Because I'm pregnant, however, she is having me come back to see her in two months. And it will probably be even more frequently after that.

They drew my blood to get my A1c, but they did it in the lab today rather than in the office. So I'm not sure when I get the results, but Julie said they'd call to let me know what my results are. So, I'll let you know when I get that call!

I'll post again Wednesday with the 12 Week update. My Tuesday the 12th appointment for the coming week was moved to Friday the 15th, so I will also let you know then if they found the baby's heartbeat!

-Aubrey

PS - This is my third doctor's appointment during my pregnancy (I didn't write about the first one on December 15th because I hadn't started this blog yet or gone public with the pregnancy, but it wasn't a big deal--they drew my blood, had me pee in a cup, confirmed that I was pregnant and started setting me up with new doctors). I'm going to keep a log because I know I'm going to have a ton!

No comments: