Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Last Appointment with Dr. Willis

I have found myself to be increasingly moody over the past week or so... Perhaps this had a hand in why I didn't enjoy my doctor's appointment today. Also, I was a little edgy because I called them last week about the bill I mentioned in my last post and chewed them out about sending my personal information out to people besides myself. The woman who called me back left me a message and didn't even address all my concerns. So I was annoyed to have to be around these people who I simply did not think were at all competent.

We saw Dr. Willis for what is likely to be our last appointment with him today. Not much happened at the appointment. The nurse said that there was sugar in my urine sample (and I was annoyed that she had to mention it because a - she said she knew I was a diabetic and b - I had tested on my way to the appointment and already knew I was running a little high at that particular moment). The doctor said the baby seems to be growing at the right speed and that everything seems normal. The baby's heartbeat was 142 today, but we didn't get to listen to it for more than a few seconds.

Dr. Willis said that my perinatologist called him a few weeks ago (remember my ultrasound appointment when I started going into shock on the table?) and that he had recommended I see an OB called Dr. Glenn. I asked Dr. Willis if he delivered at the AF Hospital, and he didn't know. So he said if I want to deliver at AF, to ask the perinatologist at my appointment next Monday and that if I don't end up liking any OB's they have me see, to come back to him and he will just handle my pregnancy.

Anyhow, that's enough about my appointment today. Keep in tune for the weekly update on Wednesday and our next ultrasound on Monday!

-Aubrey

P.S. This is doctor appointment #8!

No comments: