Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Pregnancy - 15 Weeks

Here we are at 15 weeks!

Thank goodness we have had no doctor's appointments this week, but we have been very busy with other things and we have had yet another incident of me almost going into shock...

We tried to order diabetes supplies on Friday from the only diabetes supply company I have ever worked with. Unfortuneatly, they informed me that they do not work with my insurance company (United Health Care), so we had to find a different company. We found one called the Diabetes Specialty Center. They work with both my and Ryan's insurance companies, so we should be double covered. They did require a prescription, however, so it took until today for them to get prescriptions from my doctor. And it turns out they can't supply my test strips, so we have to order those through Walgreens.

We also have been frustrated with my doctor's office. As I've mentioned before, it turns out that Dr. Willis will not be delivering our baby. However, his office went ahead and billed ONE of our insurance companies for our entire pregnancy. They didn't bill our second insurance company. Additionally, they addressed the bill to my dad and sent it to his address rather than billing it to us and sending it to us. We're a bit upset about it. I have changed my information at that office probably six times in the past two years and they ALWAYS seem to screw something up. And for some reason, though I am married and living AWAY from my parents, my parents ALWAYS end up with information from my doctor--bill, pap smear results... It's incredibly, incredibly frustrating.

Anyhow, we also filed our taxes today using TurboTax. We're expecting a big refund and are excited to pay off all of our credit cards, get ALL of Ryan's dental work done, and save the rest for the baby. Maybe we'll go celebrate with dinner, too!

Hmm... Oh, yeah, my near-shock episode... On Saturday at work, I had one of my regular customers in the store. We saw that something was wrong with a few of her pictures, so I told her to hang out at the counter for a couple minutes and I'd fix them for her. So I walked to the machine and started trying to fix and print them. All of a sudden, my leg started spasming. This is a sign of my blood sugar dropping drastically... So I thought I had all of her pictures fixed and started printing them. At this point, so many muscles were spasming and I was worried customers would see and think I was a druggie or something, so I walked behind my counter where no one could see me. As soon as I got behind the counter I collapsed. I couldn't stand up and I wasn't thinking straight. I knew it was almost 3:00, so I kept telling myself, "Jon will be here in a minute, he can finish the order for me." So Jon and Tony (they're the other two photo technicians I work with, by the way) walked behind the counter at the same time. I called out and asked them to finish the order for me. Tony jumped on finishing the order while Jon tried to figure out what was wrong with me, just sitting there on the floor. Once he figured out what was wrong, he hurried and bought me a juice. He handed it to me and as I started to drink it, my arm muscles were spasming. So he helped me hold the bottle while I drank it. It was kind of awkward, but I wouldn't have made it without him, so I'm thankful.

I'm also thankful for my husband. He has been so great lately. I've been so beat and feeling sick and he has just taken care of everything. He's tried so hard to clean the house for me and has done such a good job. He's been cooking for us every night. He takes me out to do fun things when I have long days. He caters to me! He makes me feel pretty when I feel (and look) like I'm getting fat. He's just been amazing.

Anyway, this has been a really long post... I guess I should get on to the 15 Week Update! Enjoy and check back for more next week!

-------------------------

"Your baby, who measures 4-1/2 inches this week and weighs around 2 to 3 ounces, is about the size of a navel orange. Looking more and more like the baby you're picturing in your dreams, his or her ears are positioned properly on the sides of the head (they used to be in the neck), and the eyes are moving from the side of the head to the front of the face. By now your baby has the coordination, strength, and smarts to wiggle his or her fingers and toes and even suck a thumb. But that's not all your baby can do now. He or she can also breathe (or at least make breathing movements), suck, and swallow--all in preparation for the big debut and life outside the womb. And though it's unlikely that you'll be feeling any movements from your little one this week, your baby is certainly getting a workout--kicking, flexing, and moving those arms and legs." -What to Expect When You're Expecting, Chapter 9


-http://www.babycenter.com

-Aubrey

No comments: