Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Doctor Appointment and The Pregnancy - Week 24

24 weeks today!! Ahh, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

Ryan and I have yet to finish the baby's room... But we will soon!

We are almost done going through our baby name book. We just finished the R's! We have two names that we really like so far. But we still have to go through everything else we've liked, too!

Anyway, I had doctor appointment #14 on Monday. We saw Kaylene Ellertson again for my diabetes and she made a couple more changes. I've been a slacker thus far though and haven't been paying attention to what differences those changes have made for me. I know my blood sugars have been doing a lot better since I started seeing her every week, though. Super exciting, yeah?

Anyhow, on to the even more super exciting part--the lowdown on Week 24!! Enjoy!

-------------------------

"At a weight of 1-1/2 pounds and a length of about 8-1/2 inches, your baby has outgrown the fruit references and is now the size of a standard letter (but would take a lot more than a standard stamp to mail). Baby's weekly weight gain is now about 6 ounces--not quite as much as you're putting on, but getting a lot closer. Much of that weight is coming from accumulating baby fat as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. By now your baby's tiny face is almost fully formed, and achingly adorable--complete with a full set of eyelashes and eyebrows and a good sprinkling of hair on that head. Is your baby a brunette, a blond, or a redhead? Actually, right now he or she's snow white, since there's no pigment in that hair just yet."

-text from What to Expect When You're Expecting

-photo from http://www.babycenter.com

Thank you all for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous week!

-Aubrey

P.S. We have our next appointment with our OB, Dr. Glenn, Monday morning and we meet again with Kaylene Ellertson Monday afternoon. Just in case you want to know!

No comments: