Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Latest Ultrasound

On Monday, we had our fourth ultrasound! We again got to see Dr. Julie Gainer rather than Dr. Glenn Schemmer. I like her a lot more than I like him, so I was glad!

Anyway, this appointment went much more quickly than most of our others have. The baby's heartbeat was 133 bpm and he weighed 2 pounds, 10 ounces. He's a bit bigger than he should be right now--he's ten days ahead on the growth charts. The nurse poked around for a bit and couldn't get the baby to face us on the screen so we could see his face, and then she couldn't get him to turn to see his profile. So I got to roll on my side to see if we could get him to move. He didn't want to cooperate very badly... When we did get to see his cute little face on screen, we saw him drinking amniotic fluid! It was interesting, and cute! I wish we'd gotten another DVD. But oh, well, maybe next time!

Our little guy kicked a lot during the appointment, too. I could see my belly move while I was laying on the table. The nurse told us it was good for him to be so active. Active babies are healthy, happy babies, she said.

Overall, everything looks great, both the nurse and the doctor told us. Baby was rightside up, but they said that's nothing to be concerned about yet. He still has plenty of time to turn upside down. It looks like I have a little extra fluid, which they're not real concerned about right now. They said even diabetics with amazing control often have excess fluid. But I'm still in the safe zone, anyway. They said I'd feel the baby a lot better and a lot more often with the excess fluid at this point because excess fluid means he has lots of extra room to move around.

My next ultrasound is May 24, and starting that week I will be returning to the hospital twice a week for non-stress tests.

Anyway, I think that about does it for the appointment... I've posted our photos below! Enjoy!

"Dad should be proud," said the nurse! ;-)

His arm and hand. He kept covering his face!

His cute little foot!!

Hand and profile!

Dark profile...

Lighter profile!

Check back for more later!

-Aubrey

P.S. This was appointment #16!

No comments: