Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Pregnancy - 27 Weeks

I'm getting behind on this blog... I have not yet posted anything from my doctor appointment on Monday or from our trip... I will try to do that all today between other things I am doing! But for now, I will just give you the 27 week update! This is the last week of the second trimester! So read on and enjoy!

-------------------------

"Your baby graduates onto a new growth chart this week. No longer will he or she be measured crown to rump, but rather from head to toe. And this weeek that head-to-toe length is a full 15 inches (more than a foot long)! Your baby's weight is creeping up the charts as well, coming in at just over 2 pounds this week. And here's an interesting fetal factoid: Your baby has more taste buds now than he or she will have at birth (and beyond). Which means that not only is your baby able to taste the difference in the amniotic fluid when you eat different foods, he or she might even react to it. For instance, some babies respond to spicy foods by hiccupping. Or by kicking when they get that spicy kick."

-text from What to Expect When You're Expecting, Chapter 11

-photo from http://www.babycenter.com

Thanks for reading! Check back later for my other posts!

-Aubrey

No comments: