Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Dr. Glenn

I had yet another doctor's appointment with Dr. Glenn today. Nothing real exciting.

He measured my uterus and said I was at 28 cm, which is 3 cm bigger than I should be. I'm not really sure what that means exactly... But he also listened to the baby's heartbeat and said it sounds very healthy, so that's good. He told me that I need to go get a lab done in two or three weeks. I guess I have to do a 24-hour urine test so they can check my proteins and my kidney function. So I'm not real excited about that... It doesn't sound like fun... But I did get out of the glucose test! They were all ready for me to drink that glucose drink until I reminded them that I had pre-existing diabetes, so the test probably wouldn't actually be that beneficial for me... Dr. Glenn also told me that my blood type is O+. I'm only writing it here so I can look it up when I forget again in the future...

Anyway, luckily he does not want to see me every other week yet... He had me schedule for four weeks out again this time. By then I'll be in the third trimester, though, and he probably will want me to come in every other week. He also told me that I will probably need to start making big changes in my insulin pretty soon, since I am almost in the third trimester and my body will start needing more insulin very soon.

I also asked Dr. Glenn about the pills Dr. Willis prescribed for me for my UTI. I didn't realize that Dr. Willis had given me seven days worth of one of the pills instead of the four days worth he gave me last time until the day after I started taking them. He never called me about it and his nurse never said anything about it, so I wondered what I was supposed to do. These ones are the painkillers, and the pain hasn't been as bad as it was last time, so I didn't understand why he gave me so many. Dr. Glenn said that I should definitely be taking the antibiotics (which I was given ten days worth of pills) and that I don't need to take the other ones at all unless I'm in pain. He said that they're actually good to keep on hand for the next time I get an infection. I can start taking them as soon as I feel pain until I can get in and get a new prescription. So I'm going off of those but am definitely keeping them on hand!

Anyway. Ryan and I painted the walls in the baby's room last night. Mostly Ryan. But I got to help a little. It needs to be touched up in a couple places and we still need to paint the trim and the doors and stuff, and we need to put up the wallpaper. But we're getting there! We're really excited about it!

Anyway, I've got things to do... I'll be posting the 25 week update on Wednesday!

-Aubrey

P.S. This was doctor appointment #15!

No comments: